Tabs

Indians VS Blue Jays

My "ticket source" came through with a pair of Blue Jays tickets that she thought I would be able to use. Since Tru-Def didn't have plans for the night, we put those bad boys to use. I'm never sure about going to sporting events with people who don't watch any games at home, but never let it be said that that girl doesn't go hard.
In order to catch batting practice, we needed to catch the 4:50pm bus. However we pulled into the parking lot at 4:51pm, so my plan to have a conversation with JP Arencibia went bust. The next bus didn't come for another hour & even then it was still 10 minutes late. Once we got on though, it was all good. Tru-Def noticed a bunch of Ecuadorians who were heading to the Ecuador vs Canada soccer game. I just thought they were co-ordinated Hispanic folks. Either way, shout-out to my team for pulling of a miracle tie!

Thanks to traffic, we arrived downtown as the first pitch was to be thrown. Since we were already behind schedule, we went shopping.
If you're going to be late you might as well be fashionable, right?When we strolled into the Dome all we had missed was the top of the first inning. Other than the fact that the Jays went down quickly in the bottom of the inning, all things in the world appeared to be okay. Until I looked up at the scoreboard & found out that all we had missed in the top of the first was 4 runs by Cleveland! At least we were there to catch the 8 runs they scored in the third. By 12-0, I thought we were going to leave the game early. My guy Tru-Def wasn't having that though! I like to think I thought the kid well :)

The highlight of the night was the cast of characters around us. From the Shin-Soo Choo heckler to the various Koreans, it's all love. A special shout-out goes to the lady in front of us who I now consider a part of my circle. Not only did she help us try to win a BlackBerry & have Twitter on her own, but she laughed at my "Dreams do come true! It just rained popcorn on me" joke. (It was windy when the popcorn vendor was walking past me. You kind of had to be there, but trust me, it was a quality joke.)

The Jays managed to put up 9 runs of their own before the game ended, but went down by a final score of 13-9. It was a rough game, but the home team made it interesting. Plus, since we didn't see the first 4 runs, we technically saw a tie instead of a loss. Good times, were had. Tru-Def & I agreed that we need to go to another game with at least 10 people. So I'll leave you all with this question: Who's in?

No comments:

Post a Comment