Tabs

The Night That Made No Sense

Well... THAT just happened. I spent an interesting night with 3 of my oldest friends & I have a feeling that we'll be talking about it for a while. While I had the camera in my pocket for at least half the night, I couldn't take myself out of the mayhem for long enough to film any of it. So now I get to try to remember it all. Yeah, this is going to go well...

I was wrapping up an hour of running when Tru-Def asked me if I wanted to go to the movies with her, Steve & Brian. Obviously I was up for it so, after a shower & dinner, it was off to get the party started. We got to Steve's house, watched a bit of TV & left for the movies hoping to get there on time to catch 'Bridesmaids'. We would've pulled it off with perfecting timing if the ticket machine we went to wasn't broken. By the time we got to one that worked, the movie was sold out. Damn technology! At that point we weren't really up to see anything else, so Tru-Def said that we should go get ice cream. However, there aren't that many ice cream parlours near the theatre that are open around 10:30pm on a Sunday. So, somehow (I think it was my fault, but let's not place blame), the notion of making a Wal-Mart run became the next logical move for us to make.

Upon arriving at Wal-Mart we knew that this night was going in a weird direction. I mean, who goes to Wal-Mart when their movie plans fall apart?! We parked between a Challenger & a Jetta, which lead to us concluding that the Jetta was easily more fascinating. Then as we got in we saw boxes of doughnuts for only a dollar! (Obviously we needed them) The ice cream was at the back of the store so we ended up doing an lap around the place. What started as a trip for ice cream resulted in JOKES! We left with the doughnuts, a cake, nail polish & face wash. Only one face wash though, as a lady who worked there recommended against Steve & I buying as many as possible in order to use a different one each day. Shout-outs to the random DVD bin, the rugs made of Muppets & the fact that we took so long to get to the check-out that we had to put back the ice cream that melted as we walked around!


Driving home, Tru-Def & Steve decided that a trip to the Golden Arches was muy necesario. Therefore, we made another detour. Since the odds of someone letting us merge into the drive-thru lane seemed to only get smaller as we waited for it to happen, we parked. However, after 11pm the only way to get food out of McKnox is via the drive-thru. Luckily there was a pizza place in the same plaza that not only got us cheap eats, but gave us a place to sit while we had a battle of student ID pictures. (Needless to say, I lost.)

Back at Stevie's, we watched 'Yes Man' & attacked the food. Before the pizza was done & after the cake was half gone, we were certifiably twisted. I'm still not sure how that happened, but thank God for that Gatorade I was sipping. I'm convinced it's the only reason I'm alive. Then Brian strolled in, so the pizza did get finished & the cake situation decreased a little more. Only then did we remember the FCKN doughnuts! Tru-Def was visibly shaken & Steve even caught the fear in my eyes at the mention of the bloody things. Of course, we still at them. We were raised better than the waste food. Shout-outs to Stacy & Rienzie for their cameo. They willingly let us know that while we said we weren't drunk or high, we were clearly strange. (Hard to argue that when you're hand is still trying to grip a doughnut after you've already eaten it)

After the movie, we bid the crew adieu before Tru-Def & I left home. The sky looked like it was exploding with the fireworks & lightning above the clouds lighting it up. All-in-all, t'was a good night. It's always nice to chill out with the people you grew up with; especially when you know that such opportunities are rare. The older we get, the more we all do our own thing, but c'est la vie. Plus, after this one, laws are going to be passed to keep us from getting this messed up again! Good times though. Whether it's getting "Rupee-ed" or hitting on lesbians, I'm officially waiting on the next adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment