Tabs

Bernard Pivot Questions

If you've ever caught the show "Inside The Actors Studio", you're probably familiar with the questions that James Lipton asks guests at the end of each episode. This questionnaire was originated by Bernard Pivot & is based on the Proust Questionnaire for personality. Since the odds of me getting on this show are slim, I decided to ask myself these 10 questions in order to have some fun & kill some time.
What is your favorite word? - "Yo." Maybe it's a generational thing. It shows that I grew up in the 90's with hip-hop making it's way into the mainstream. Plus, it can be used so many different ways. It can be said with joy, anger or first thing in the morning when you open your mouth to talk to the girl of your dreams on the phone. It's quite useful.

What is your least favorite word? - "Bye." I'll use synonyms but no matter how good you want "bye" to be, I've always associated it with being final. It's how you finish a conversation & I don't like ending those. I'd rather pause them until next time.


What turns you on? - "Confidence." When a person feels passionately about something, be it what they do or even themselves, I can't help but notice that. I grew up as a kid who would walk into a room & stay in the back if I didn't see anyone I knew. I've always admired people who have the confidence to not be afraid of the rest of the world.


What turns you off? - "Over-confidence." Britney Spears sang "Confidence is a must, cockiness is a plus". While I agree that swagger is necessary, I think that too much of it can be a deal breaker. Humans have a range of emotions & are supposed to have moments of vulnerability. I like humans.


What sound or noise do you love? - "Music." The way different sounds can unite to make a composition that wouldn't be the same without each individual sound is brilliant to me. It's like a relationship. A drum & a synthesizer might appear to be worlds apart, but magic can happen when they come together.


What sound or noise do you hate? - "Crying." Years ago I witnessed a cremation. When the button was pushed, I heard screams of terror for the first time in my life. They were more than what you hear on a roller coaster; this was fear. It was quickly replaced by tears & I was powerless to change the situation. That moment haunts me to this day. It's part of why I always try to keep the people closest to me smiling.


What is your favorite curse word? - "F-ck!" Again, this word can be used in so many situations.
From negative ones to ones so postive that I can't write about them ;)It's also a good base word for other curses: "M-----f--ker", "F-ck outta here", etc.


What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? - "Father."
Didn't see that coming, did ya?!I've heard it said that parenting is a full-time job. One day, sure, I'd be willing to give it a go. But be clear, that isn't going to happen any time soon! I'm still at the point where I don't need company to watch cartoons.


What profession would you not like to do? - "Computer programmer." It's the one thing in life that I know I get no joy out of. If you do, that's fine. I respect you for that actually. Personally though, I can't sit in front of code all day. My fingers have better places to be than on a keyboard.


If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? - "All of this be worth all of that." Should I get to Heaven, all I want to know is that everything really did happen for a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment