Tabs

I Look Good Though

 
Last night I had an idea about what today was going to be like. I had an idea of what the weather was going to be like & when my classes were. Other than that, I figured I'd be able to wing it. I assumed that without a 3hr lab this morning, I'd have an easy day. However, as you well know, my expectations are seldom met. Remember when I told you about how rough my Wednesdays were going to be? Well, as I sit in the computer lab while I kill a 4hr torture session break, let me tell you how my day has been.
My goals today were to shovel the driveway before leaving for class, lend my friend a book & look pretty enough to blend in with the kids in the business building. The last one isn't really as complicated as you think. #IMO, they dress better than anyone else on campus. You'd think that distinction would belong to the fashion students, right? Regardless, when I have to be on their turf I feel the need to look drop-dead sexy good clean decent. Hence I dug out my smart-guy glasses & 'good hood'. One goal accomplished.

I woke up early expecting to be home alone & ready to shovel a little bit of snow. I was wrong on both accounts. I walked out of the house & found Dad ready to hand the snow-blower off to me. Apparently our 5-10cm came out closer to 10 than 5. So I got to start my day with loud machinery & a windchill factor. Time moved quickly though, so I was actually back in bed before long. When I tried consciousness for the 2nd time, things went a little better. I put on my 'business student slayer' gear & was about to head out the door. That's when Tru-Def found me. Turns out the kid needed a ride, so of course Mr. Taxi Driver came to the rescue. I got her where she needed to be & then went to chase my bus. Let's skip the part about me losing control of the car, shall we?

As I walked toward the station, I saw 3 people heading back to the parking lot. I though that was odd, until I saw the reason why they left. The line for my bus, which is usually half empty, easily had more than 100 people in it! It looked like 3 or 4 buses worth of people waiting! I still have no clue what was going on, but at that point I was getting too cold to care. Two empty buses came to pick up people & I still didn't think I was getting on a bus anytime soon. The lazy people who gave up on the line changed my luck though. I managed to catch the next bus & even got a seat... next to a crazy man. I initially figured he was either a hipster or a hobo. The fact that he took off his shoes & then sqatted in an upright fetal position for most of the trip made me think hipster was the wrong choice.

Upon my arrival at school, I realized that I had no clue where my class was being held. I had all the other info, but no room number. So I figured I'd bring my friend the book I promised him before hunting for the room. Finding him didn't take long either, as he was sitting in front of my locker. It turns out my lock screwed up & couldn't close. He convinced me that we should just take everything out of the locker & if the lock couldn't be fixed he'd bring me one tomorrow. I gave him the book, took all my possessions & then wandered to (approximately) where my class was. Half-way there though, I managed to fix the lock with my super-human strength. I then used my super-human speed to sprint through the snow & slush to get back to my empty locker. There was no way I was taking on the business building with an overflowing bag. Two goals accomplished.

After reclaiming my locker, I sent out a text to see if anyone knew where I had to be. Luckily someone figured it out for me. I got to class late though, so there weren't the usual crowds of business students to strut through. Hell, even if they were though, you couldn't see the freshness of my outfit through my puffy coat unless you had x-ray vision. So we'll have to see what happens with my class tonight. The majority of my day was ripe with shortcomings. However I can promise you this: Who ever is in that building during my 3hr lecture will be conquered (in a fashion sense), no matter what their major is!

1 comment:

  1. EVIL KARMIC FORCES1/12/2011

    everything makes sense now...thanks.

    ReplyDelete