Tabs

June 27, 2012

I went downtown for a information session regarding my post-graduate studies. However, you & I both know no one wants to read about that. So I'm going to cut to the part where you're going to shake your head.
Before my meeting, I went down to the lake to kill time enjoy the view. In the immortal words of one of my heroes in life, "People watching is like one of my favourite activities". At one point I ended up outside of a pub watching the Euro Cup. This experience ended up furthering my point that I live in the greatest city in the world. I mean, I've done a bit of traveling & it's not everywhere that you're going to see a Guyanese guy with an Asian girl who works at an Irish pub watching Spain play Portugal in a soccer game played in Ukraine. I didn't even stay for the penalty kicks but just being in that situation was good enough for me. On my way to the meeting I passed by the Toronto Jazz Festival to take in the vibes. As I was dressed like a golf player pretty well, I assumed I'd fit in. Shout-out to that random lady who has at least one picture of me on her camera.

After my meeting, Efe & I wandered around. I didn't even know I was going to met up with this girl but it happened & I'm never going to argue with seeing one of my partners in crime. We ended up back at the Jazz Festival & got super close to Troy Andrews aka Trombone Shorty. Like, there was no one between us & this internationally known musician. The only issue was that neither of us knew who he was at the time. I'll spare you my "Mainstream radio would rather play a marketable boy band than a talented musician" rant, don't worry. So rather than looking like groupies & posing with someone because they're famous, Efe posed & I made sure that he just happened to be in the back. There's also a picture of me posing with a Gay Pride flag. I'd try to make it sound exciting, but there's really no story behind it as it just seemed like the thing to do at the time.

It started to rain a bit so we ended up in a bookstore for a while. I decided that I'm totally going to buy my children superhero themed books. Like, the child's guide to super-villains just seems so necessary. *Waves at my future wife* When we left, we passed by Y&D Square one more time. Oh, how I don't regret that move! There was a DJ spinning & it wasn't long before people randomly started dancing. Check Facebook for the footage. There was even an older guy who not only felt the need to get in my footage but try to hook me up with Efe & pose with me for a picture. The line of the night was when I got home & showed my dad the picture like "Do you know who this guy is? Neither do I!"

In short, it was random. Borderline weird, in my opinion. Old guys think my friends are "gorgeous" & random people on the street feel I need to be in a relationship. Somewhere all my aunts are sitting around feeling vindicated. I also sang One Direction loudly in a public place & saw two dudes making out on my way to my bus. As I've said before, I live in the best city in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment