Tabs

Island Adventure

Since my first year in university, I've heard about the annual parade & picnic held by Ryerson on Centre Island in Toronto. I never made the time to attend this concert until my fifth year though. At first I didn't have the friends I wanted to go with & in later years I had classes I needed to attend but on Friday it finally happened.

Kam & I met in the quad after 10am & didn't leave until after 1pm. In that time we scored free water bottles, body wash, shampoo, popcorn & ice cream sandwiches. All we wanted was a pair of free t-shirts, but who am I to argue? We marched in the parade to the ferry in between the business students & some Russians. (These Russians couldn't have been a legit student group though. It was a bunch of kids with a flag singing "Olé, Olé, Olé") We managed to get onto the ferry with our bags (Take that, dude who told us they're tell us to go home at that point) & while we didn't get a spot on the upper deck, we managed to avoid standing. After sitting next to an obvious crazy woman on the ferry, we made it to land & scored some BBQ. And they say there's no such thing as a free lunch. Then we took in the vibes of Jester, Aleesia, and Nomadic Massive. We didn't really leave our picnic table until Dragonette came on. To be fair though, our spot was great except for the wasps. Some food & nutrition students next to us hooked us up with candy after they smashed their piñata & even left us with a giant paper carrot. Ok, I stole the carrot after they left their table & forgot about it, but whatever.







It was a great way to start off a year which I promised would be memorable. I got to catch up with a friend, take in some live music & chill out on an island. While I know every Friday of the semester won't be this eventful, I hope I can experience a few more of them. It was as if Summer was still around for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment