Tabs

Congratulations To The Mavericks

The Miami Heat got beat & the Dallas Mavericks won the NBA Championship. Neither are my team, but I certainly found a fair amount of joy in this victory.




I could easily write about the fact that the Miami Heat consists of a roster with 3 superstars & a less than stellar bench. Two of said superstars left the teams they played for last season specifically to win a championship by taking the easy way out & joining what they thought would be an all-star team. That's what all players do when they sign new contracts, isn't it? There aren't many other reasons to sign with a team other than the fact that you think you can do something special as a part of their roster. LBJ & CB4 did what they felt was necessary to become winners & broke no rules while doing so. While I wouldn't have carried myself in the same way, at the end of the day you can't knock them for doing what they did.

The reason I had to write this was for events that occurred in 2006. That was my last year in high school & was also the last time the Heat & Mavericks matched up in the NBA Finals. While most people (*Glares at Gasper & Remi*) totally supported D-Wade & Shaq to win the championship, I chose Dirk. They never let me forget that the Mavs blew a 2-0 series lead that year. So, to a younger version of myself, congratulations. After 5 years, I hope you feel a little better about your pick. Also, to my boys... WHAT NOW?!

No comments:

Post a Comment