Tabs

"Happy" Holidays






I was planning a whole "Here's Why You Need to Check Yourself During the Holidays" post for a few days now but just couldn't figure out how to do so. Then Miss Info put me on to a video by Jay Smooth from 2009. So watch that & show him some love. Then feel free to read whatever I add.

You already know that I have my own reasons for not totally digging this month. In fact, as of Monday you can add another one to my count of not so happy holidays, due to a death in the family. I mean, I always wondered what it'd be like to have certain family members from out of town, in town for Christmas. However, I never asked for a death to catalyze this situation. Additionally, while we're on the topic of family, I think I have a cousin on drugs. Not like, "Yo, she's smokes mad weed, son" drug use. I mean, the chick will vanish for days & come back ready to fight anyone who says she's not acting normally. Once you factor in my past Decembers, you might begin to understand why I stand where I stand.

There are plenty of people going through their own drama; some worse than anything that I complain about. Grades have come out for most university students (mine arrive on Christmas) & many of my friends got bad news. Some of us have the people we really want to be with, a million miles away. Others have people next to us that just don't seem to know how we really feel. It's like Bif Naked once said: "Everybody has their own bag of $#!+"; whatever you have to do to carry yours, do so without hurting anyone. People feel the need to be happy around this time of year & they'll often go to ridiculous lengths to try to convince you to feel the same. The trick is to accept & overcome such overly good intentions. So what if other people don't get how you make your moves? Maybe what gets you by just doesn't work for anyone else. Remember kids, happy is a relative term. What makes your holidays happy, might not do the same for others. Do what you need to do to get by & don't push your ideology on anyone who doesn't ask for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment