Tabs

Klosterman: 9 of 23


A novel titled Interior Mirror is released to
mammoth commercial success (despite middling reviews). However, a
curious social trend emerges: Though no one can prove a direct
scientific link, it appears that almost 30 percent of the people who
read this book immediately become homosexual. Many of these new-found
homosexuals credit the book for helping them reach this conclusion about
their orientation, despite the fact that Interior Mirror is ostensibly a
crime novel with no homoerotic content (and was written by a straight
man). Would this phenomenon increase (or decrease) the likelihood of you reading this book?


Is this before of after I meet my Muppet-loving soul-mate? Either way, if the book made it's way to me I'd probably read it. I don't really intend on going out & getting it but I guess the likelihood of me reading it would go up a little bit. Last I checked, I wasn't gay (Deokie, shut-up) & with a 30% conversion rate, I doubt any book would change that fact. Sorry dudes, me likey las chicas.

No comments:

Post a Comment