Tabs

Klosterman: 3 of 23


Let us assume there are two boxes on a table. In
one box, there is a relatively normal turtle; in the other, Adolf
Hitler's skull. You have to select one of these items for your home. If
you select the turtle, you can't give it away and you have to keep it
alive for two years; if either of these parameters are not met, you will
be fined $999 by the state. If you select Hitler's skull, you are
required to display it in a semi-prominent location in your living room
for the same amount of time, although you will be paid a stipend of $120
per month for doing so. Display of the skull must be apolitical.
Which option do you select?

With the addition of the word "apolitical", I'd take the skull. How hard would it be to just be like "Oh yeah, it's just a skull I have. No big deal." Plus, it's stuck in my living room. I don't know about you, but most of my business goes down "au sous-sol". The turtle, while I've been intrigued by them since the TMNT days, would be a responsibility that I can't guarantee that I'd be willing to handle. The skull however, counts as a salary.

No comments:

Post a Comment