Tabs

2010 FIFA World Cup: Group Winners

Now I'm not an expert & I rarely, if ever, get lucky. However, what sports junkie doesn't enjoy making predictions without having to put money on the line? Ah, the benefits of blogging. Anyway, here're my picks for who'll be moving through the group stages. No matter how much sense I might end up making, remember, there's a good chance I'll be wrong. Feedback is, as always, welcome.


Group A: South Africa & Mexico
Recent history suggests that the host nation should have a good tournament. As for Mexico, it was a toss up between them & Uruguay. When a team has a defender named Andres Scotti though, it pains me to have turned them down. Joshen, "Boo Les Bleu" is in full effect.

Group B: Argentina & South Korea
Remi, after all the FIFA we've played, you know I get down with Nigeria. However, I just can't rock with y'all this time. Greece could do damage here, but I'll take the boys from Asia.

Group C: England & the USA
I speak their language, so I owe them at least this. The loss of Becks shouldn't be an issue. I take the States mainly to anger everyone I know that doesn't live there.

Group D: Germany & Australia
Ballack or not, Germany is Germany. The Socceroos get love because of their performance 4 years ago & the way that they were ousted. Shouts to Kyle! Don't at all be surprised if Ghana gets through without Essien though.

Group E: Netherlands & Japan
No longer with a Ruud-boy, Netherlands can still advance without having to go Dutch. Japan gets love from me, but Cameroon...

Group F: Italy & Paraguay
The former, for fear I'll be assassinated if I don't pick them. The latter because, when you think about it, I'm South American too.

Group G: Brazil & Portugal
If the flags on cars are an indication of anything, you already know why I chose the way I did. The Drogba injury for Côte d'Ivoire will be costly. Notice how I didn't say anything about North Korea playing poorly & "bombing".

Group H: Spain & Honduras
Spain, enough said. Honduras because, well, why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment