Tabs

The Chara Hit

I hope all is well with those of you reading this. Yours truly has got a smile on his face & hopefully the rest of the world is sharing in the good vibes. I figured I'd touch on a certain hockey topic since I have no intention of doing work on this 4hr break.




We can argue this all day but when it comes down to it, Zedano Chara's hit on Max Pacioretty was legal. It pains me to say that because you know I hate the Boston Bruins agreeing with the majority of what the NHL league offices say. However, I do agree with this ruling. Chara didn't appear to have the intention of doing anything but finishing his check. There is no doubt in my mind that it was a wreckless play. His goal was to send Pacioretty into the stanchion. Was Chara aware of the fact that he was going to hit it with his head though? Checks into the stanchion do happen. Anyone who has watched hockey before should be able to understand that.

The head shot & landing were extremely unfortunate. Pacioretty's injuries are tragic & I have him in my prayers. Yeah, I pray. Deal with it. From my perspective though, this was a terrible accident involving two teams & players with previous history. Chara is a tough guy on the ice but we shouldn't disregard his history as a classy player as a result of a check gone wrong.

Of course, I'm no expert. My opinion isn't that of a hockey authority, although I am a Canadian. Unlike certain politicains who need votes in Quebec, I'm willing to admit this. Let's just agree to see both sides of the situation before we rush to a judgement... and that hockey always sounds better en Français.

No comments:

Post a Comment