Tabs

2010 FIFA World Cup: Round of 16

For those of you who've been paying attention, you'll know that my previous predictions weren't completely off the mark. Of the 16 teams that could have qualified for this stage for the tournament, I picked 12 of them. Since I have no intention of arguing with a 75% success rate, let's leave that round & move #ontothenextone. Here go my predictions with an attempt at explanations for each.
Uruguay: I originally liked them due to them having a player named Andres Scotti but felt like that foundation wasn't solid enough. Well now the name Diego Forlan has me willing to cosign them. While I'm no fan of Luis Suarez, I can see them getting past South Korea.

USA: MY TEAM! We're riding this momentum until the wheels fall off! This may not go our way due to the Black Stars, but I'm strapped securely onto this bandwagon.

Argentina: I'll try to do this without mentioning the names Messi or Maradona. So Señor Tévez, I expect you to take it to Mexico. Sidenote: My guy Gio Dos Santos has the best hair in this tournament.

Germany: A good friend of mine taught me to not let the hype of the English blind me. So after what can only be seen as a disappointed group stage for Rooney & Co., I'll back the Germans.

Netherlands: Vive l'Orange!

Brazil: The Chileans got farther than I, perhaps foolishly, thought they would. As I congratulate them for that, I also plan on say farewell to them after this game.

Paraguay: What did I tell you about my fellow South Americans? Brap, brap! I believe that this team can defeat the Japanese.

Spain: I just lost a few friends with this one. I saw Portugal draw with a less than 100% team from the Ivory Coast, give North Korea more than they could handel & draw with the Samba Kings, minus Kaka. Plus, Cristiano Ronaldo hasn't been scoring. Spain lost to the Swiss in their opener, but have seemingly pulled it all together. Whoever wins, in a situation like this, this will be a game not to miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment